Views
Helpful
Replies

Fusion Router add to DNAC??

Steve Allen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I'm very new to DNA Center and currently testing in a lab before deploying to a pilot site. 

I understand what the purpose of Fusion router is for but I have a question around the mangement of the Fusion router. 

Is it possible and/or recommended to add the Fusion router to DNA Center but not assign an SD role to it? (leave it as unknown)

I'm thinking this would be a good idea because then I could manage software updates and config templates via DNAC?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

kristoff1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

if the device is supported by DNAC it is always interesting to add the device in DNA-C.

From the moment you add the device into DNA-C you well get assurance data of this device.

Please make sure you select the correct device role in the inventory so assurance can report corresponding the device role.

Kind regards,

kristoff

Please make sure you select the correct device role in the inventory so assurance can report corresponding the device role.

Thanks for the quick answer kristoff. What role would you recommended in this case? Maybe tag it as a "border router"?

Hi,

The role depends of the location of your fusion device in your network.

I think in most cases it will be a core router.

Border router is also possible but for me this is more the device role for the borders in the fabric.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: