cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Key Features in Cisco DNA Center Software Version 2.2.2

jlafuent
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco DNA Center Version 2.2.2 brings improvements across all use cases. Whether you are using Cisco DNA Center for its powerful Automation tools, or for its amazing Assurance features, version 2.2.2 has something for you!  Take a look at the attached version comparison to learn more about the most important changes.

Start planning your upgrade here https://cs.co/upgrade-dna-center, and if you want to stay up to date with our Software Compliance and key feature articles make sure to subscribe to the label 'Software Upgrades'!

You can ask Cisco Expert Jesse Lafuenti any Cisco DNA Center Software upgrade question using the reply-button.png button below the post.

DNACv2.2.2.png

Want to experience new networking capabilities? Visit the Cisco DNA Center Upgrade Page to plan your software upgrade to the 2.2.2 version.

upgrade-button.png

Upgrade Paths to Cisco DNA Center 2.2.2.X

458409.png

44 Replies 44

sonikotrance
Level 1
Level 1

gracias por la informacion clara y creativa espero usarla en un futuro 

ccie29824
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for sharing

CCIEx3 #29824 JNCIE #2197 VCIX

danhosking
Level 1
Level 1

This makes the upgrade path clear. Will there be a pure cloud DNA Centre deployment we need to prepare for?

I'm glad this helped.  At this time, I don't believe there are any plans for making a pure cloud DNA Center deployment.

MiguelFL
Level 1
Level 1

Can you add as many devices as you want to DNA? We are licensed for a certain amount, but would love to add more without incurring additional costs.

Please speak to your account team about limitations with regards to licensed devices.  In order to leverage DNA Center all devices to be added should have at least DNA Essentials license.

rendy.rinaldy
Level 1
Level 1

what is the different onprem with cloud version?

Cisco DNA Center is an on-premise physical appliance.  Currently there is no supported cloud solution for Cisco DNA Center.

For more information please go here: Cisco DNA Center Cloud - Retirement Notification - Cisco

Great and useful information. Easy way to plan upgrade

juanchicaiza
Level 1
Level 1

This information is very interesting , I need learn more the DNAC and this content is key for my daily management. Thanks for sharing.

m.hami
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, thank you for the share,

i have a question, do the "data collection failed" error still occur the latest versions ?

Thank you.

data collection failed as an error message is always possible, so I won't say that it isn't possible to encounter that error in recent versions.  What I will say is that I have not seen a data collection failed in any of my labs in the past few versions.  If you are encountering persistent "data collection failed" errors, I'd recommend opening a TAC case so that the root issue can be identified.

vprobish
Level 1
Level 1

Why didn't you build in an option to go directly from 1.3.1.x to 2.2.2.x, it's just painful to have to go through multi upgrades like this. 

vprobish,

Multistep upgrades are always painful.  Unfortunately the major releases of Cisco DNA Center introduce so many changes to the the back-end that skipping past them is not feasible and bundling them all into a single upgrade file may cause larger problems than it fixes.

The best recommendation I have, is to strive to keep Cisco DNA Center as up-to-date as possible so that you never need to perform a multi-step upgrade.

1967-mustang
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the information.  We are in the process of moving to DNAC.