Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Devices not respond to DNAC configuration

Joe dippie
Level 1
Level 1

Good Day!

I'm trying to configure the switches in my campus fabric but I cannot push the configuration through DNA, even I have configured the SNMP, CLI, SSH username and password and assign all of these to the site but still can't push the configuration, Also wanna highlight one point here during the discovery process the network devices it shows but cannot configure.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mohamed Alhenawy
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello @Joe dippie 

Hopefully, you are doing well!

As I understood from your post and your answers to my Colleague @ammahend the switches not response with DNAC, could you please reconfirm the SNMP community name and CLI passwords, and if you have confirmed these and still not any response, please follow this steps access to DNAC--> System Settings--> Settings-->Device Controllability--> check this feature enable or disable if it's disabled please enable, and if enable try to do disable and enable again within one minute.

This is the description for Device Controllability as per Cisco official document

Device Controllability is a system-level process on the Cisco DNA Center that enforces state synchronization for some device-layer features. Its purpose is to aid in the deployment of required network settings that Cisco DNA Center needs to manage devices. Changes are made on network devices during discovery or when adding a device to Inventory. Device Controllability is a runtime condition as well. Therefore, if changes are made to any settings that are under the scope of this process, these changes are reflected on the network devices immediately. The following device settings are within the scope of Device Controllability:
  • SNMP credentials
  • NETCONF credentials
  • Cisco TrustSec (CTS) credentials
  • IPDT enablement
  • Controller certificates
  • SNMP trap server definitions
  • Syslog server definitions
  • Netflow collector definitions
  • Wireless network assurance
If Device Controllability is disabled, Cisco DNA Center does not configure any of the credentials or features mentioned above on devices during discovery or at runtime.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

ammahend
VIP
VIP

Did the provisioning go through without any error ? 

-hope this helps-

Yes, without any error, this is the issue

So you were able to provision the network devices without any issue.

can you explain how you are trying to configure devices through DNAC ? 

-hope this helps-

configure the device credentials from the DNAC design and after this configure the SNMP on the network devices and from the device provision I have to assign the device to the fabric site and after that choose the action and provision device and choose the templet which is I created, but there is any kind of configuration or action happen on the network device

if your provisioning was successful, then anything you defined under design (including template) should have pushed to the device. Will it be possible for you to paste your running config here. 

-hope this helps-

Mohamed Alhenawy
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello @Joe dippie 

Hopefully, you are doing well!

As I understood from your post and your answers to my Colleague @ammahend the switches not response with DNAC, could you please reconfirm the SNMP community name and CLI passwords, and if you have confirmed these and still not any response, please follow this steps access to DNAC--> System Settings--> Settings-->Device Controllability--> check this feature enable or disable if it's disabled please enable, and if enable try to do disable and enable again within one minute.

This is the description for Device Controllability as per Cisco official document

Device Controllability is a system-level process on the Cisco DNA Center that enforces state synchronization for some device-layer features. Its purpose is to aid in the deployment of required network settings that Cisco DNA Center needs to manage devices. Changes are made on network devices during discovery or when adding a device to Inventory. Device Controllability is a runtime condition as well. Therefore, if changes are made to any settings that are under the scope of this process, these changes are reflected on the network devices immediately. The following device settings are within the scope of Device Controllability:
  • SNMP credentials
  • NETCONF credentials
  • Cisco TrustSec (CTS) credentials
  • IPDT enablement
  • Controller certificates
  • SNMP trap server definitions
  • Syslog server definitions
  • Netflow collector definitions
  • Wireless network assurance
If Device Controllability is disabled, Cisco DNA Center does not configure any of the credentials or features mentioned above on devices during discovery or at runtime.

Thank you  @Mohamed Alhenawy , It's working. ☺

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: