cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Network requirements for DNA center

rabhati
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the maximum acceptable network latency & Jitter tolerance for DNAC to communicate properly with fabric devices over WAN/Cloud.?

9 Replies 9

jedolphi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

100ms RTT latency from DNA Centre to managed network device. The numbers may increase later, talk to your product manager if you need more latency, it is possible in *some* scenarios *sometimes*. Not aware of any jitter restrictions. Current (May 2019) latency numbers are documented in the "Cisco SD-Access Network Requirements" section here:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/networking-documents/cisco-sd-access-for-distributed-campus-with-ip-as-a-transit/ta-p/3837284

Best regards, Jerome

thanks Jerome for your reply...

anantsiv
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi For the network the latency should be less than 10ms that can make your equipment function without any hassle

Thanks Ananth for looking into this..

Further I would like to know, if the latency required is  <10ms  then how the devices over WAN can be managed where latency would be always more than 10ms? Or do we need to place a separate controller at each remote site?

Please refer to the link I shared previously:

*It is 100ms RTT for DNA Centre to managed device

*It is 10ms RTT  between DNA Centres  for clustering

Jerome

Hi Ravinder ,

You can refer to the document which can brief you on your query

ligineapen
Level 1
Level 1

I have similar question, for Non SDA scenario, is RTT matters for DNAC to manage devices and feature like SWIM or Assurance to work ?

As of this writing: 19 January 2021, here is our guidance.

From Cisco DNA Center to a device it is managing, regardless of the feature or solution used (SDA, Assurance, SWIM, etc):

100 ms RTT recommend.

(up to) 200 ms RTT supported.

We also have this publicly documented on the Cisco DNA Center Data Sheet (Figure 3) for your reference.