Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with DNA and accesspoints.I

peter.hoegh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all
I have a huge problem with my new Cisco Catalyst 9200 switch (stacked) I got it connected to my Cisco DNA center and it looks like all is well, but when i try to connect my Catalyst 9200 access points to the switch they never show up, in "Unassigned devices" or "Unclaimed" I have a lot of Access Point and i have never seen this before on my other switches.
My setup is pretty standard. Cisco all the way - Catalyst 9200 and 9300 switches. 9500 routers, and a WLC 9800, all is integrated in a SDA setup with ISE.
Please let me know what info you need. Thanks in advance.

Regards 
Peter Hoegh       

2 Replies 2

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I assume you mean 9100 series Access Points.  To onboard the AP you can have option 43 point to the WLC or to DNA.  If you point it at DNA then you should see the AP listed in the Unclaimed PnP inventory.  If you point it to the WLC and it successfully registers and the WLC is in DNA inventory, then the AP should show up in Unassigned Devices

Hello Preston
Thanks for your answer. Sorry, of course i mean 9100 series (specifik C9120AXI-E)
I will look into your fine remarks today and see if it gets me anywhere.
Thank You
Peter

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: