Views
Helpful
Replies

Provisioning 8540 WLC using DNAC help

SNGreene
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am currently working on standing our 8540 WLCs using DNAC. This will our first time using DNAC to complete this migration. Is this possible? If so is the any documentation that will explain how to implement (complete) this? Has any one used DNAC to migrate their WLCs? 

Thank you for your help

3 Replies 3

inderdeeps
Level 4
Level 4

@SNGreene : Simply you need to discover or add the WLC on the inventory. If you are using the SDA, then you need to further add to the fabric with the site and once added, provision from the inventory.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/1-3-1-0/user_guide/b_cisco_dna_center_ug_1_3_1_0/b_cisco_dna_center_ug_1_3_1_0_chapter_01100.html 

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not sure what you mean by migration.  Migrating from what to what? I would recommend that you check out the Cisco DNA youtube channels for wireless focused presentations (probably ignoring the ones focused on Software Defined Access at first).  The features to focus on first are:

- Taking advantage of wireless assurance (very easy to setup)

- Learn Device Config 

- Aireos to Cat9800 migration tool

Migrating from 5504 to 8540. I have searched YouTube and nothing comes up for this. I will take a look at the Cisco DNA Channel and see if I have any luck.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: