Views
Helpful
Replies

Provisioning Guest WLAN by DNAC

Maciej Waliszko
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I want to provision a new guest WLAN network by using DNAC.

The Guest WLAN is based on ISE sponsored guest portal which does already exists on ISE.

From what I know DNAC can only provision selfregistered or hotspot guest WLAN (and at the same time a new portal is created by DNAC). The question is: how to do that? Any trick? What should I do now?

Do the required tasks on ISE and WLC and then use "learn device config" from WLC? Use temaplates on DNAC? Or what?

Thx,

m.w

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
From what I know DNAC can only provision selfregistered or hotspot guest WLAN (and at the same time a new portal is created by DNAC). The question is: how to do that? Any trick? What should I do now?

if you looking to create a portal for the user to get authenticate, below resources help you.

here is the good video step by step :

http://www.labminutes.com/rs0129_sda_wireless_guest_1

Cisco document :

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/deploy-guide/cisco-dna-center-sd-access-wl-dg.pdf

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello,

>if you looking to create a portal for the user to get authenticate, below resources help you.

That is not what I am looking for. The question was totally different. The portal (sponsored guest) on ISE already exists.

Thank for the clarification,  as suggested you can use re-use exiting portal, instead of creating same process in DNAC.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Dan Rowe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are not required to use the portal DNA Center allows you to create when adding the guest WLAN from DNAC -> Design -> Network Settings -> Wireless. You can simply update the auth profile to reflect the name of the portal that already exists on ISE. 

k.vlachoulis
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a guide that describes how we may reuse existing ISE portals on DNA configured guest WLAN?

BR

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco