Views
Helpful
Replies

"Resync device" in DNA Center

atif hmamouch
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco community,

I have a question regarding the DNA Center which is the following : If a switch is managed by DNAC through NETCONF, when I change the switche's configuration manually through CLI (for erxample adding a VLAN), can I use the "resync device" option from the Inventory menu to poll the current configuration of the switch and apply it to the DNA Center ? And will the DNAC accepts those changes ? Or will it push the configuration version it has on its database to the switch and thus deletes the newly entred  modifications ?

Thanks guys in advance for your help.

1 Reply 1

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

DNAC will do a periodic resync (every 24 hours I think is the default but it can be changed) so that you don't need to worry about this.  Yes, you can force a resync from inventory if you need to.  That will read in the updated config.

FYI, in latest DNA versions, you can also change vlan and interface description by drilling down on a port after clicking the switch's hostname in inventory.  That might trigger a resync immediately, I'm not sure.  

Generally, DNAC will not try to any update your device config without permission, especially for interface level configs.  There is some interface config done during initial device discovery and site assignment, but otherwise it expects the admins to approve and force config changes using the day-N automation feature.  If you have done a provision and the config starts to drift due to manual cli intervention it can flag that as an issue (you will see this as a Compliance Failure in Inventory), but won't try to auto remediate.  Things might get a little stricter than that when doing SDA, but it doesn't feel like you are using SDA yet.