Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

start DNAC setup with a single DN2-HW-APL server

Hi Gents,

Can I start the cisco SDA setup with a single DNAC  DN2-HW-APL node for production and add the remaining 2xDN2-HW-APL server after the installation is complete, maybe after a few months ? and is there any limitation (some functions need a full cluster to run ) to work property?

3 Replies 3

Also, can I have  DN2-HW-APL and DN2-HW-APL-U servers in the same cluster? 

i have startet with a single DN2-HW-APL for testing and setup and it works fine and well no issues, after reinstalling the deliverd node with a new version i usesed 2.3.3.4 as a start over USB Stick

if u have a UPS connected i also dont see any issue to run it a very long time alone , after a few month the other hw appliances arrived and i have added them. In small Installations u dont need any HA only backups and u a are good, For easy setup use Enterprse also as Cluster link , activate LACP für Portchannel and use all Interfaces in 10gig for more bandwith so u need only one uplink Group, i have used 2 one Enterprice link, 1 for Cluster link 

The real deal here is, ever interface ip range must be configured same if u later dont use the Internet Interface but u have configured it on the master, u need to do so also on the other nodes, also dont update the master node or u need to wipe the other new nodes and reinsatll them over usb with the same version like 2.3.3.4, also update all the driver in CIMC,

u need 3 identical nodes down to the hardware what i know

NO!!! mix of differnt hw appliances are possible same cpu same ram needed 3 identical twins

ChristianAutodoc_0-1677259105909.png

ChristianAutodoc_1-1677259226368.png