Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable To See Wireless Clients Connected to Wireless APs via DNAC

zachartl
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Our Wireless Team has reported their inability to see wireless clients connected to / associated with the Wireless APs monitored in DNAC (Please see attachment). The Wireless Controllers are 9800s and 8540s. We have them discovered and monitored in DNAC. We are not using DNAC Provisioning (configuration) nor did we add the wireless devices via DNAC provisioning. We have enabled NETCONF ; SSL ; SSH and SNMP comms to the wireless devices, APs and Controllers. Are we missing something?

Thank you,

Terry

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Possibly related to this limitationhttps://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvy02956

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hello,

I've forwarded the information you provided to our Wireless Team. I will let you know what they find.

Thank you,

Terry

Dan Rowe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you assigned the WLCs and APs to their appropriate location from the Cisco DNA Center inventory?

What model are the access points that the clients are connecting to?

What version of code is running on the 8540 and 9800s?

Hello,

Yes we have assigned the WLCs and APs to their appropriate location within the Cisco DNA Center inventory. The 8540 is running image version 8.10.162.13 and the 9800s are running image version 17.3.3

The APs depicted in the enclosed screenshot are C9120AXI-B and they're associated with the 8540 WLC.

Thank you!

Terry

jtpntx
Level 1
Level 1

I am the only person out of about 10 of us who cannot see clients on APs. Associated clients on maps is 0. Details shows 0.
Topology diagram/map shows 0. My DNAC user role is super-admin. I have deleted and recreated user on DNAC. Tried different browsers, different PC's and even on a n IPAD. No AP associated clients show up. For me. 

estetson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In your screenshot the AP's are showing a grey circle (meaning the health score is NA). If our AP's don't have a health score, then we wouldn't expect to see any clients.

The flow of information goes AP's communicate their connected clients to the WLC, and the WLC relays that information to the Cisco DNA Center.  So first:

1. Does the WLC managing these AP's display a health score? If not, you can try repushing the telemetry settings from the Cisco DNA Center:
Select the device > Actions > Telemetry > Update Telemetry > Force Configuration Update
This will push all required trustpoints/settings for the WLC to establish a telemetry connection with the Cisco DNA center and (hopefully) display this information.

But the first step is to get a health score showing on our WLC's. Once our WLC's show a health score, the connected AP's should too. And once we have that, we should see information about connected clients. We'll only see the clients on the maps if we're integrated with Cisco Spaces or CMX