cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What contributes to "Out of Sync" on Inventory/Provision view?

TomM
Level 1
Level 1

What are the situations that contribute to the "Out of Sync" on the Inventory/Provision Provision Status column within DNA Center.  Neither the documentation or mouse-over info pages provide any info.

Is this related to compliance?  

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sylvain_Che
Level 1
Level 1

Hello @TomM ,

I believe this mainly occurs when you update a Template or a Network Profile, and you didn't provision your network device yet after you updated the Template/Network Profile.

Regards,

Sylvain.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Sylvain_Che
Level 1
Level 1

Hello @TomM ,

I believe this mainly occurs when you update a Template or a Network Profile, and you didn't provision your network device yet after you updated the Template/Network Profile.

Regards,

Sylvain.

Good suggestion but provisioning the switch, forcing template didn't clear the "out of sync" message.  Thanks

Dan Rowe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Making changes to network settings in design will also contribute to the device showing as 'Out of Sync'

Parthiv Shah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are multiple namespaces which can result in failure and can cause out of sync condition. Most likely it can be template failure but many other cases can happen. You can click on "see details" button to find more information. When you click this button, we keep only last 10 or so events. So if your failure is within last 10 then it will display. See attached screenshots. If you want to find from history and get more details, you can open TAC case and TAC can help find history.

Thanks, but "details" seems to be independent from "Out of Sync".  There are no details that indicate contributing to an "Out of Sync" flag.  What's weird is when you change the focus from Inventory to Provision, there is a many second delay until the "Out of Sync" flag appears.  It's like there is a secondary check that occurs after the dashboard is originally displayed.  I'm not sure that "details" is related to "Out of Sync".  I have opened a TAC case to get to the bottom of this.  thanks.

Hello Tom,

I have the same problem.

Did you resolve this issue?

Sylvain had the correct answer for a DNA Center appliance that is functioning correctly.  I was able to prove that out on another DNA Center installation.  However for my DNA Center appliance I'm afraid I must have hit a software defect.  I had devices that were out of sync when there were no network profiles and after re-provisioning all my switches.  I was told by TAC that this could be solved by 2.3.x which I have not migrated to.

Thanks TomM.

Looks like we've run into that same issue as we have not setup any new network profiles either.

TAC also recommended we upgrade to version 2.3.x but every time we upgrade something different stops working.

We've been troubleshooting for months trying to get Telemetry and provisioning to work again after the first couple of upgrades.

Sorry about your struggles with these two features.  Not sure if you did this, but before I perform any major upgrades to my customer's or our own appliance, I run the AURA tool, and have TAC review it prior to the upgrade.  Every time, TAC has found something they would like to clean up before I do the upgrades.  Still run in to the occasional issue but hopefully mitigating the major ones.  Good luck.

2.3.5.3-70194

**bleep** still there

Wow.  That's unfortunate.  I was going to upgrade our internal deployment this week.  Oh, well.  Thanks for the update.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: