Views
Helpful
Replies

Wifi Sensor Onboarding Auth. Deauthenticated due to Internal reason

s-connolly
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a wireless sensor near our VIP offices.  I recently installed it.  It seemed to be working fine but now I am getting a message sometimes on 5ghz a test result says that "Deauthenticated due to Internal reason".  There are three access points in the area.  This test will work on 2.4 and only works on 1 out of 3 on the 5ghz.

Does anyone know where I can get more info on this message?  Is the internal reason on the controller or the client?

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

I´d say it is Sensor internal reason. 

Here on this link there´s a list of "eauthenticated due to" but not mention "internal".

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center-assurance/1-3/b_cisco_dna_assurance_1_3_ug/b_cisco_dna_assurance_1_3_ug_chapter_01001.html 

One suggestion would be reprovision the Sensor again from scratch and the other is rise a TAC. 

usaf_27
Level 1
Level 1

Make sure your sensor is running the latest software version. Also check to see what ISE radius logs are displaying.  

Thanks, I checked and they were not on the latest version.  I updated them and the problem seems to have stopped.

Dan Rowe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can navigate to the sensor 360 assurance page for one of the sensors. On this page, you'll see an option for 'sensor logs'. You can download the sensor logs directly from the sensor to the DNAC and review the sensor logs that are included in the bundle. You may be able to figure out exactly why the sensor is not able to authenticate by looking into the sensor logs.

Thanks, I am checking that out now.  I did a software update and the problem seems to have stopped.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: