Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless on top of SDA Fabric

Leonardo Santana
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi all,

I have a doubt about the OTT, this design support APS in FlexConnect local switching?

https://www.ciscolive.com/c/dam/r/ciscolive/latam/docs/2018/pdf/BRKEWN-2020.pdf 

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As per i know the only Control traffic go to WLC, rest Traffic will be used Fabirc.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In SD-Access Wireless, the control plane is centralized. This means that, as with Cisco Unified Wireless Network, a Control and Provisioning of Wireless Access Points (CAPWAP) tunnel is maintained between APs and WLC. The main difference is that in SD-Access Wireless, the data plane is distributed using a Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN) directly from the fabric-enabled APs. The WLC and APs are integrated into the fabric, and the APs connect to the fabric overlay (endpoint ID space) network as “special” clients.

here is explains more details :

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/deploy-guide/cisco-dna-center-sd-access-wl-dg.pdf

BB

Hi Balaji,

Ok but using the Cisco Unified Wireless Network wireless OTT supports APs in FlexConnect local switching?

"The wireless traffic will go all the way to the WLC, and will be bridged at the WLC dynamic interface VLAN and routed back to the
fabric client through the border. For wireless, this is the same thing that happens today with a normal wired network; for the fabric,
it is a fabric host communicating to a known destination external to the fabric."

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

As per i know the only Control traffic go to WLC, rest Traffic will be used Fabirc.

BB

rasmus.elmholt
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I think this is actually a feature added in DNAC version 2.2.3. Support for OTT wireless with flex connect traffic dropoff.

"FlexConnect VLAN Mapping for AAA Override: For FlexConnect deployments, you now have the option to configure AAA override VLANs for dynamic VLAN assignment of locally switched clients."

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/2-2-3/release_notes/b_cisco_dna_center_rn_2_2_3.html

I have not tried this feature but reach out to you Cisco rep./Partner to get more information.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: