Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC and DNA-C

JonathanC1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

In the past, I've used WLC with DNA-C for SD-A implementations. And as far as I can see and know from the configuration we have to configure a WLC to a specific site only to deploy any configuration and this is a limitation.

We have a single WLC which is used over the top for a number of branches. Is there any way I can assign the WLC for multiple sites or is there no way to get around this - Note: We are NOT using SD-A here - The goal is to add the WLC for assurance/telemetry purposes but it would be nice to assign the APs to the different sites and import the floor maps we have.

Thanks

Jon

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you say Multiple site, SD-A or non SD-A deployment,  If i understand collectly Tradtional OTT deployment you can do right with remote side with Central WLC ? what is the issue here ( or am i  misundertanding your requirement ?)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi

Not possible, at least in the current versions.  When you add the WLC on the DNAC for Assurance/Telemetry, you need to assign it to a site otherwise will not work.

Dan Rowe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ideally, you should assign your WLC to the building/floor it is physically located. When you provision the WLC, you will have the opportunity to specify the 'Primary & Secondary AP Managed locations' for that wireless LAN controller. You can select any floor(s) for the branch locations as a AP managed location for that WLC which basically tells the DNAC that the WLC will manage access points assigned to those floors.

JonathanC1
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks guys - i thought this was the case but good to confirm with you all.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: