cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Choose one of the topics below for Cisco DNA Center Resources to help you on your journey with Cisco DNA Center

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC!
We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

1 PC, 2 Application, 2 NIC, 2 IP address. Can this two different application software reside on same PC and use 2 different IP address at the same time?

Hello experts, 

I have 1 PC with two NICs - so I can assign two different set of IP address. Now I have 1 Software application already running in the PC using one of the IP address - to communicate with other devices in that IP address range. Can I install another software application which is required to use different IP address to communicate with different devices?

Thanks 

Rajesh

Everyone's tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Cisco Employee

Re: 1 PC, 2 Application, 2 NIC, 2 IP address. Can this two different application software reside on same PC and use 2 different IP address at the same time?

yes you can do it. eth0 will have one IP and eth0:0 will have the other. so 2 different application will use two different IP on 2 different NICs.

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
July's Community Spotlight Awards