cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1815w Wired Port Setup in DNA?

Jason Salmans
Spotlight
Spotlight

I'm new to DNA Center and we're in the process of doing everything in a lab before deploying our new APs and switches into several new buildings on campus.  We've got a single DNA Center appliance and a 9800 WLC and we're looking to deploy several hundred 1815w APs in Local mode.

From looking at the network profiles, it appears that you can't really configure Remote LANs through DNA yet outside of using the Template Editor.  This is fine, I went ahead and created a simple template to help walk someone through a new RLAN setup.  I also modified the profile on the 9800 WLC to include the RLAN configuration mapping to physical ports.

The issue I'm running in to now is how to enable the wired ports on these 1815w units.  I created a template that I could provision to the WLC to allow me to enter a single AP name but this obviously doesn't scale well.  I'd like to find some way to enable all three of the LAN ports on each AP as they're brought online.  I figured maybe an onboarding template would help with this somehow but the 1815w doesn't seem to be a targettable device.  I don't see a way in the WLC either to create a basic hardware profile of some sort to make sure any 1815w that connects initially has its ports enabled.

Anyone have any ideas on this?  Thanks in advance!

0 Replies 0