Views
Helpful
Replies

9500 stackting and PnP

Hisoma Sama
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am trying to implement 3 layer hierarchy using DNA automation and PnP (zero-touch prov) only with OSPF as routing protocol

Q1: can that be done straight forward.

Q2: for distribution layer will be stacking of 2 C9500 switches and as i know i will need to interrupt PnP to make the stack configuration what will happen this way can? can DNA still detect 9500 stack SW and apply the template?

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Q1: can that be done straightforward.

- OSPF as underlay protocol  (instead of ISIS - it should be cisco support OSPF, but make sure do not summarise any routes - that is basic principle)

Q2: for distribution layer will be stacking of 2 C9500 switches and as i know i will need to interrupt PnP to make the stack configuration what will happen this way can? can DNA still detect 9500 stack SW and apply the template?

- C9500 - mostly StackWise Virtual (not traditional stacking) - is this Edge switch or Control Node?

For both the case you need reachability of the device to DNAC to get provisioned. ( PNP to get basic config for DNAC reachability) - then apply the DNAC template as per requirement.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

hi balaji

its only a distribution Sw not SDA trying to make zero touch prov

still this can be done? or i have to make manual configuration?