cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9800 PnP

k.gabelsberger
Level 1
Level 1

Does DNA Center officially support 9800 WLC pnp?  I see the PnP agent messages on the console of a wiped 9800 WLC.  I have option 43 configured and see the WLC in DNAC PnP console.  However, when I try to claim the device, it always fails when "Loading Day-0 Config Preview" with error message "Domain Service did not reply - Config preview timed out".  I'm running 16.12.2s on the WLC and DNAC 1.3.3.4.  It doesn't seem to matter which if any onboarding templates are attached to the site I'm trying to provision the wlc to.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

aradford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

DNA Center 2.1.2.x supports this.  It is documented in the release notes.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Mohamed Alhenawy
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello @k.gabelsberger 

Option 43 it should be

# option 43 asci and did not use Option 43 hex for this purpose.

The C9800 is not supported yet for PNP.  I agree it can almost be PNP by DNAC because it has the PNP agent running on it. However, I have had TAC confirm that it’s not supported.  It will be supported in an upcoming DNAC release.  The compatibility matrix also indicates this. 

Thanks. 

aradford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

DNA Center 2.1.2.x supports this.  It is documented in the release notes.

Hi @aradford 

I don't see any reference to PnP in the newest 9800 WLC configuration guide nor release notes.  Can you give us a pointer if you have it?  This case up in another thread on this forum.  According to the compatibility matrix, PnP on WLC is not supported.  

[update]

Ok, I bet this is what you're referring to (in the DNA release notes for 2.1.2)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/2-1-2/release_notes/b_cisco_dna_center_rn_2_1_2.html

"Cisco DNA Center now supports Plug and Play Provisioning for the Cisco Catalyst 9800 Series Wireless Controller."

I will follow up to see that the compatibility matrix gets updated.

Sure..

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/2-1-2/release_notes/b_cisco_dna_center_rn_2_1_2.html

Plug and Play
When adding devices from a Cisco Smart Account, you can specify that the credentials are used only one time and are not saved. When adding devices in bulk, imported data is validated. Improvements in the claim workflow make it easier to provision devices and understand and resolve errors. Cisco DNA Center now supports Plug and Play Provisioning for the Cisco Catalyst 9800 Series Wireless Controller.