Level 1

Dear guys

i am very confuse about new Cisco term

i know, SDN in cisco is different for seperate sections

for example:

SDN in WAN is SD-WAN

SDN in LAN is SD-Access

SDN in DC is ACI

for example in WAN we should to use vmanage, vsmart , ...

but i dont know what is the brain in LAN

and i am confuse that what is Cisco DNA, Cisco One, Cisco ACI , ...

if u can please clear me

thanks guy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Farhan Mohamed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Digital Network Architecture (DNA) is the equivalent of the APIC for ACI. ACI is the fabric but the APIC is the GUI that allows you to manipulate the fabric. SD-Access is the LAN fabric but DNA is the GUI that allows you to manipulate the fabric. APIC (GUI) usually uses a clustered controller made up of three APIC's. DNA uses a similar clustered controller but it's made up of three APIC-EM devices.

To sum it up, DNA is brain in LAN part of SDN, and then C1 is software licenses which provides features for operation. ACI is what you said SDN in DC, It uses same 3 APICs to form the controller in ACI environment, now all of these are same and work under same concept.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

alex.perkins1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rezamira,

You seem to have it correct.

From my understanding, Digital Network Architecture (DNA) is the equivalent of the APIC for ACI. ACI is the fabric but the APIC is the GUI that allows you to manipulate the fabric. In the same sense, SD-Access is the LAN fabric but DNA is the GUI that allows you to manipulate the fabric. APIC (GUI) usually uses a clustered controller made up of three APIC's. DNA uses a similar clustered controller but it's made up of three APIC-EM devices.

V/r,

Alex

Farhan Mohamed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Digital Network Architecture (DNA) is the equivalent of the APIC for ACI. ACI is the fabric but the APIC is the GUI that allows you to manipulate the fabric. SD-Access is the LAN fabric but DNA is the GUI that allows you to manipulate the fabric. APIC (GUI) usually uses a clustered controller made up of three APIC's. DNA uses a similar clustered controller but it's made up of three APIC-EM devices.

To sum it up, DNA is brain in LAN part of SDN, and then C1 is software licenses which provides features for operation. ACI is what you said SDN in DC, It uses same 3 APICs to form the controller in ACI environment, now all of these are same and work under same concept.