Helpful
Replies

Add IP Pool In SDA Virtual Network: isIpDirectedBroadcast NOT working

Taniadv
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Hope you are well.

For a customer of ours, we are using the API (/dna/intent/api/v1/business/sda/virtualnetwork/ippool) to add ip pools in SDA VNs. For one of the pool we would like to enable the IP Directed Broadcast and L2 Flooding. In the API I see an option for both (boolean). When set to true, the pools are created, L2 flooding is enabled, however IP Directed Broadcast remains disabled. 

• isIpDirectedBroadcast:boolean
  • isL2FloodingEnabled:boolean

Perhaps I am missing something?

{
"fabricSiteNameHierarchy": "Global/XXX/YYY",
"virtualNetworkName": "EXAMPLE",
"ipPoolName": "EXAMPLE-POOL",
"trafficType": "Data",
"authenticationPolicyName": "EXAMPLE-POOL",
"isL2FloodingEnabled": true,
"isIpDirectedBroadcast": true
}

Thank you for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I can confirm that this will be present in 2.2.2.6. Unfortunately, 2.2.2 APIs are not differentiated on developer.cisco.com, so it's difficult to tell when a particular API came. But yes, this is not present in 2.2.2.5, it should be there in the next build (2.2.2.6).

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

jalejand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Documentation might have changed, because the attribute "isIpDirectedBroadcast" is not under the VN Pool provisioning documentation for 2.1.2.7 and 2.2.2.3:

imagen.png

Which DNA Center version are you using? And, could you also provide the documentation you are using where the IPDirectedbroadcast attribute is set on? The POST call can include some unsupported values like "isWakeOnLan" without taking any effect.

Regards

Hi Jalejand,

Thank you for the information.

We are currently running DNAC version 2.2.2.5, and I got the information from here: https://developer.cisco.com/docs/dna-center/#!cisco-dna-center-2-2-2-sda-api-api-sda-add-ip-pool-in-sda-virtual-network

directed broadcast attribute is not implemented for IP pool addition (not as far as I am aware of). As always, I strongly recommend looking at documentation in the DNAC UI itself (under Platform -> Developer Toolkit), and not developer.cisco.com to confirm what is supported and what isn't (developer.cisco.com gets this wrong time and again). 

I can confirm that this will be present in 2.2.2.6. Unfortunately, 2.2.2 APIs are not differentiated on developer.cisco.com, so it's difficult to tell when a particular API came. But yes, this is not present in 2.2.2.5, it should be there in the next build (2.2.2.6).

Thank you Aninda.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: