Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC-EM not reaching "the cloud"

UnspokenDrop7
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I just deployed a new APIC-EM of latest available version for testing. I run into some "minor" problem during initial configuration when it stated that "The controller appears to be behind a network proxy", which it's not, and therefor could not enable cloud connectivity. I proceeded by skipping proxy configuration and completed the configuration.

Later on, when I had installed the PnP app I was not able to connect my Smart Account and got an error message about that it could not reach the server 169.254.0.1:14141.

I noticed in vSphere that the server have got two IP addresses, the one I gave it and this APIPA address.

I do not know if these two things have something to do with each other by I guess.

6 months ago (or something like that) I installed and configured a APIC-EM v1.5.x and had no problem with this. I'm using the same IP address, subnet mask and DF gateway configuration now, I have tripple-checked that the firewall allow the server to reach the Internet (all TCP/UDP protocols/ports are allowed outbound). I have even tried to set a different IP address, just in case there is a duplication of the original one.

But nothing helps.

For me it seems like it does not have Internet access. But it should have. The network configuration I have done  is correct. Still it want to use a proxy.

It makes me wonder if it tries to reach the Internet using the APIPA address as source?

Someone having any experience of this issue?

And more importantly, how to fix it?

Thanks,

Kristofer

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It did got solved but I have no idea how. I did no changes to the firewalls and I did not install a proxy. But somehow it just started working. And now I have decommissioned the VM as APIC-EM was not useful for us.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

qm4966
Level 1
Level 1

Did you solved this problem?

It did got solved but I have no idea how. I did no changes to the firewalls and I did not install a proxy. But somehow it just started working. And now I have decommissioned the VM as APIC-EM was not useful for us.