cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Application Health Assurance Compatibility Question

scsc_tech
Level 1
Level 1

In my research on Application Health within Assurance, it relies on netflow data to populate this information. Currently in telemetry, we have Optimal Visibility on all switches, which doesn't include netflow. 

When I try to apply Maximum Visibility which does include netflow, I get an error saying:

Netflow Profile only allowed on Routers and having version 16.x and higher

Our installation includes 2x 3850-24XS Boarder/CP nodes, a mixture of 9300 and 3650 models for edge, and Firepower 2110 firewalls.

Given the above error, will we be able to use Application Health in our environment, or would it require the purchase of an ISR/ASR?

5 Replies 5

gayviswa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Currently Application Health information is based on Netflow from Routers. Cisco DNA Center does not support netflow as part of switch telemetry information. So the suggestion will be to deploy an ISR/ASR and configure maximal visibility on them for optimal application health.

anantsiv
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi , Request you to please upgrade the version of all the devices and also make sure IOS version is upto date on the devices netflow can be supported on version 16.x or higher which you see in error. I would not ask you to purchase a particular version of router which is not imp. with dnac. But do the above and for netflow add on feature you can purchase stealthwatch license which comes with DNA premier licensing free. With that complete netflow feature can be enabled, Just FYI. This is a bug which we can see in this link : https://quickview.cloudapps.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCvk54861

Good morning
I have DNAC 1.2.8 and my switches are all 16.9.2
Any time I try to add the netflow telemetry to these switches I always get the message reported in the bug about netflow cannot be applied to non-routers

Hello,

Right now application health requires either ISR or ASR with appropriate license levels. Application health cannot be accomplished on any switching platforms regardless of hardware or software versions. That *may* be possible in future, but not today.

Jerome

On your second question, its a bug on the latest version so i have a workaround for this:-

Conditions:
While running 1.2.x DNA Center and attempting to apply a Telemetry Profile with netflow enabled to a non-router.

In 1.1.x, the message seen when this was attempted was:
- Netflow Profile only allowed on Routers and having version 16.x

Workaround:
Only configure network on Routers and having version 16.x
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: