Views
Helpful
Replies

Assurance: No Health Data from Router

CoffeOfCup
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

We are now using Genereation 1 of DNA-Center as lab, and recently integrated with a router. We are getting sylogs, and snmp traps, but the assurance shows "no health data" for the device.  

Dna Center version: 2.2.2.5 Generation 1 

Cisco Router platform: C1111-8PLTEEA

Image version: 17.3.4 ( As Recommended in the matrix) 

Snmp v3: READONLY User

SSH user: Has full access, no enable password. 

I have attached some screenshots that might be helpfull in determining whats wrong.  

Any help would be appreciated   

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, I think a TAC case is best at this point.  It looks like the router is probably configured OK.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I like the IOS command "sh snmp stats host" to see if there have been recent snmp polls from Cisco DNA.  Are you seeing that?

If you go to the Device 360 page for this router, what info are you seeing (a screen grab of the first page would probably be useful)

Hi, 

Thank you very much for your response. 

I get the following output from running the command, seeing that DNAC has been pulling SNMP data:

ZU0D-ROUTER-001#sh snmp stats hosts
Request Count    Last Timestamp  Address
3225              00:00:03 ago   10.242.0.182

Furthermore, I saw that during the night there has been bits of health data, and then it vanishes again after some minutes. This is starting to sound like a TAC case. 

I have attached the requested screenshots. 

Yes, I think a TAC case is best at this point.  It looks like the router is probably configured OK.

gbekmezi-DD
Level 5
Level 5

I had this problem and the solution was this:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center-assurance/2-1-2/b_cisco_dna_assurance_2_1_2_ug/b_cisco_dna_assurance_2_1_1_ug_chapter_0110.html
Specifically the section titled:

Enable SNMP Collector Metrics for Fabric Devices

For the health score to populate correctly for fabric devices, you must enable the SNMP Collector metrics.

Hope this helps someone else out there.