Views
Helpful
Replies

AURA check guidance

rasmus.elmholt
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I have a DNAC version 1.3.x.x where the AURA report is giving a warning #32.

How do I define a cluster hostname? As far as I remember the cluster was configured with a hostname during installation.

#32:Checking:Cluster hostname is defined
Warning:Cluster hostname is not defined. May cause issues with CA certs in DNAC 2.x

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

The 'hostname' configuration is optional.  From the Aura warning, it denotes that the scan reported that the 'hostname' was not configured in your cluster.  This is important for when you have a multi-node cluster and or you use FQDN in your Certificates.  You can check to see if the hostname is configured by using the 'maglev-config update' tool that Gaur referenced or you can run the following command from the Cisco DNA Center CLI:

$ etcdctl get /maglev/config/cluster/cluster_network | jq .cluster_hostname

View solution in original post

If you have 3 nodes, you can change this on any node as this is  a cluster configuration.  As a best practice, I always make changes on the Primary Node (ie. Node-1) but it should not matter.  The hostname would be the FQDN of one of your "Reachable" VIPs.  For example, the VIP for the Enterprise Newtork or the VIP of your Management Network.  Whichever is used the IP of the VIP needs to be reachable from all network devices.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi,

I am not sure I understand your answer. The Cluster FQDN was configured during the installation of the DNAC.

And I cannot see why that needs to be changed for the upgrade.

• Cluster hostname (FQDN)

The 'hostname' configuration is optional.  From the Aura warning, it denotes that the scan reported that the 'hostname' was not configured in your cluster.  This is important for when you have a multi-node cluster and or you use FQDN in your Certificates.  You can check to see if the hostname is configured by using the 'maglev-config update' tool that Gaur referenced or you can run the following command from the Cisco DNA Center CLI:

$ etcdctl get /maglev/config/cluster/cluster_network | jq .cluster_hostname

Hi Tomas,

If fact this return no configured cluster hostname= "cluster_hostname": ""

Do I just need to run maglev-config update on one of the nodes in the cluster to update the hostname, or all 3 of them?

If you have 3 nodes, you can change this on any node as this is  a cluster configuration.  As a best practice, I always make changes on the Primary Node (ie. Node-1) but it should not matter.  The hostname would be the FQDN of one of your "Reachable" VIPs.  For example, the VIP for the Enterprise Newtork or the VIP of your Management Network.  Whichever is used the IP of the VIP needs to be reachable from all network devices.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco