cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Choose one of the topics below for Cisco DNA Center Resources to help you on your journey with Cisco DNA Center

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC!
We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Basic questions about DNA Access

Hi Folks,

I've really read through some datasheets, guides, whitepapers etc now, but I still have some questions.

Do I understand correctly that the DNA Center can be used either via the on-prem variant, DNA Hardware Appliance, or via the cloud (i.e. via vManage?)?
When we purchase DNA-Ready devices how we will get access to the DNA Center? Do we need to purchase a separate license (subscription?) for vManage if we don't want the appliance?

EDIT: I just read that the vManage is automatically included with new router orders. But what about switching? So do I have to have a router with vManage to be able to manage switches cloud-based via the DNA Center?

What about the perpetual part of the DNA-Licenses, the Network part. Do we need initially to connect the hardware to a smart account to enable the perpetual network features on the hardware or does these features work out of the box without any connectivity to a smart account? For example, when DNA features don't matter or no Smart Account is available.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
VIP Collaborator

Re: Basic questions about DNA Access

AFAIK the two, DNAC & vmanage, are used for two separate solutions. DNAC is fitted for software defined access which is used in a campus layout. For now DNAC would be an on-premise dedicated physical server/s that manage NADs in your fabric across a campus. Vmanage is fitted when wanting to run a software defined wan scenario/solution, and/or extend your locally significant SDA solution to remote sites. For SD-WAN there are several components that come into play. These are vmanage, vbond, vsmart, and your vedges. Think of vmanage/vsmart as your control plane module, your switch fabric module as your means of transport (mpls, inet, lte, etc.), and your i/o module as your vedges. I strongly encourage seeking Cisco training videos to get a deeper understanding. As for SDA licensing, each NAD requires some sort of subscription licensing depending on the SDA features desired. See: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/software/dna-subscription-wireless/index.html#~compare-subscriptions. Good luck & HTH!
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Mike,

you're completely right with "AFAIK the two, DNAC & vmanage, are used for two separate solutions.".

I have mixed two different products and architectures.

Another question about DNA Licensing for routing.

So far I have assumed that one DNA license per device is needed (-E, -A or -P), but as I can see from various guides, separate DNA licenses for SD-WAN and throughput still need to be ordered.

Is that correct?

Thanks.

Falco.

Highlighted
VIP Collaborator

Highlighted
Beginner

I know this FAQ but, unfortunately, it's still not clear for me.

Is it only one license (with different tiers and terms) for all functionalities (SD-WAN/WAN, DNA-Functionalities ) or not?

For example. I would like to order ISR4351 with DNA-Advantage ( 5-Years), 400 Mbps Bandwidth and SD-WAN capability, and SD-WAN (Console i.e. vManage etc.) for SD-WAN Management. Can I order this at once?

And what about the perpetual Network Advantage or Essentials Network Stack: are these features within the software-image, HW bound or will they be activated through the DNA-Subscription-License?

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad