Views
Helpful
Replies

change DNA ip address

osman.elhanafy
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,
please does anyone know if I can change the DNA IP address and how?

6 Replies 6

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can ssh to the Cisco DNA Center or use the CIMC KVM Console (since you are changing the IP address) and run the configuration "maglev-config update" script.

Note: changing IP address(s) and then saving cause loss of connectivity when the Netorking changes are applied. So it would be recommended to use the CIMC KVM Console.

$ ssh maglev@dnac.ip.address -p 2222
$ maglev login
$ sudo maglev-config update

Also to note, You can not make changes to the Network Adapter IP configuration that was checked as the "cluster link". No changes can be made to this Network Adapter or VIP address. A complete rebuild would be necessary.

In addition, if you make an IP address change to the Enterprise IP or VIP and these were used for connectivity for Assurance and other related configurations, this could possibly impact services on the network devices. This may require reprovisioning on the Network Devices.

If this is in Production, make sure you have an adequate maintenance window in place in event your changes impact services and you have time to remediate the issues.

Hi,

It may be that these links give an error when entering...

Thanks.

Ciro Gustavo Mele

yep. Doesn't make it easy for troubleshooting when Cisco provides links and then removes the resources.

I have a DNAC box that I need to re-ip and are running into all sorts of issues. I think we have the cluster link checked so I think a rebuild of the box needs to happen. it's been a struggle.

If the Adapter is Enterprise-adapter and also marked as cluster I understood that then it s not possible to change IP-address for this adapter, do you know is it possible to change just the subnetmask ??

BR
Hubert

alisha_rascon01
Level 1
Level 1

Changing the IP address of a Cisco DNA (Digital Network Architecture) Center appliance typically involves accessing the device's management interface and modifying its network settings. Here are the steps to change the IP address on a Cisco DNA Center appliance:

• Access the Cisco DNA Center: You will need to connect to the Cisco DNA Center appliance through its web-based management interface. You can do this from a computer or device that is on the same network as the DNA Center.
  • Log in: Enter the username and password to access the Cisco DNA Center's web interface. You should have administrative privileges to make these changes.
  • Navigate to network settings: Once you've logged in, find the section of the web interface where you can configure network settings. This may vary depending on the specific version of DNA Center you're using, but it's typically located in a "System Settings," "Network," or "Administration" section.
  • Change the IP address: In the network settings section, locate the current IP address configuration. You should see options to change the IP address, subnet mask, default gateway, and DNS settings. Modify the IP address field to your new desired IP address.
  • Save the changes: After changing the IP address, make sure to save the settings. This step is often labeled as "Apply," "Save," or "Submit."
  • Reboot (if necessary): Some changes to the IP address may require a device reboot to take effect. Follow any on-screen instructions or prompts to do so.
  • Update DNS (if applicable): If the Cisco DNA Center is registered in DNS, ensure that DNS records are updated to reflect the new IP address.
  • Test connectivity: After changing the IP address, it's important to test connectivity to the Cisco DNA Center using the new IP address to ensure that it is reachable and functioning as expected.
  • Update dependent configurations: Any other network devices, applications, or systems that rely on the Cisco DNA Center's IP address should be updated with the new address.
  • Monitor for issues: Keep an eye on your network for any unexpected issues or disruptions after the IP address change.

Remember to carefully plan and document the changes, as modifying the IP address of a critical network component like Cisco DNA Center can have a significant impact on network operations. It's also recommended to have a rollback plan in case issues arise during the change process.