cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco DNA 10G Port

Dhari Kh Abedula
Spotlight
Spotlight

Recently we deployed Cisco DNA in the network, using Port 2 DNA GUI as manage everything. 

The question is How to config Port 1 10G? 

From IMC through MGMT port or from KVM through magle ? 

Do we need IP address on it? If Yes! What is the gateway because the don't allow to use more then one gateway? 

I went through most of the documents all refer to contact the port to Enterprise Network!! Ok. How and where in network in core / Dist /Access?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ammahend
VIP
VIP

I hope this helps you, you can also read dnac installation guide page 50 onwards 

https://curiouswaves.blog/2018/08/22/dnac-physical-setup-and-key-notes/

-hope this helps-

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

AndiBuchmann157
Level 1
Level 1
A physical connection on 10G Port 1 is only necessary if you plan to do Deploy a cluster at day 0 or anytime later. Therefore Cisco reccomends to configure the interface right from the beginning. So it does not hurt to give it a IP Adress in the beginning. Just make sure you are not using the adress / subnet anywhere else on your network.

Basically the configuration of the network adapters has to be done during the inital setup of the appliance which means via KVM and / or CIMC.

The configuration can later be updated / changed via maglev config-Update.

Basically there is a Ubuntu running unser the hood so all well known commands like using TAB for auto completment or double TAB to lust all possible options will work.

Regarding your gateway question: it depends where you have Internet access.

ammahend
VIP
VIP

I hope this helps you, you can also read dnac installation guide page 50 onwards 

https://curiouswaves.blog/2018/08/22/dnac-physical-setup-and-key-notes/

-hope this helps-
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco