cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Choose one of the topics below for Cisco DNA Center Resources to help you on your journey with Cisco DNA Center

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC!
We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Cisco DNA and client authentication

Hi,

Have a DNA center running 1.2.6 and ISE running 2.4 patch 7. I have the pxgrid running, but when i try to assign a port to a security group from ISE, i get an error stating that "client authentication with ise is not enabled, scalable group cannot be pushed on device interface". I cant find where to enable this, is it in ISE or in DNA?

Everyone's tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Re: Cisco DNA and client authentication

Hello,

Please note that those versions of code are not supported together, please adjust your setup to match the SD-Access compatibility matrix: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/enterprise-networks/software-defined-access/compatibility-matrix.html

Regarding the actual problem, have you enabled ISE as an authentication server in DNA Centre > DESIGN > Network Settings ? It should look like this (the IP address will match your ISE PAN and PSNs, this is a screen grab from my lab) at the global level and then your PSNs can be adjusted at the site level if necessary:

asd.jpg

Regards, Jerome

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Please note that those versions of code are not supported together, please adjust your setup to match the SD-Access compatibility matrix: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/enterprise-networks/software-defined-access/compatibility-matrix.html

Regarding the actual problem, have you enabled ISE as an authentication server in DNA Centre > DESIGN > Network Settings ? It should look like this (the IP address will match your ISE PAN and PSNs, this is a screen grab from my lab) at the global level and then your PSNs can be adjusted at the site level if necessary:

asd.jpg

Regards, Jerome

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks jedolphi, worked a charm even with some software version mismatches. Ill get them up to the right versions :)

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad