Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco DNA and client authentication

trondaker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Have a DNA center running 1.2.6 and ISE running 2.4 patch 7. I have the pxgrid running, but when i try to assign a port to a security group from ISE, i get an error stating that "client authentication with ise is not enabled, scalable group cannot be pushed on device interface". I cant find where to enable this, is it in ISE or in DNA?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jedolphi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Please note that those versions of code are not supported together, please adjust your setup to match the SD-Access compatibility matrix: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/enterprise-networks/software-defined-access/compatibility-matrix.html

Regarding the actual problem, have you enabled ISE as an authentication server in DNA Centre > DESIGN > Network Settings ? It should look like this (the IP address will match your ISE PAN and PSNs, this is a screen grab from my lab) at the global level and then your PSNs can be adjusted at the site level if necessary:

asd.jpg

Regards, Jerome

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jedolphi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Please note that those versions of code are not supported together, please adjust your setup to match the SD-Access compatibility matrix: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/enterprise-networks/software-defined-access/compatibility-matrix.html

Regarding the actual problem, have you enabled ISE as an authentication server in DNA Centre > DESIGN > Network Settings ? It should look like this (the IP address will match your ISE PAN and PSNs, this is a screen grab from my lab) at the global level and then your PSNs can be adjusted at the site level if necessary:

asd.jpg

Regards, Jerome

Thanks jedolphi, worked a charm even with some software version mismatches. Ill get them up to the right versions :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: