cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco DNA Center Lab Kit - Topology / Setup

dschoolcraft
Level 1
Level 1

So i received the DNA Center Lab kit with the Appliance, ISE VM & 2-9300 Switches.. is there any topological documentation on how we should connect this?

The Docs i've seen strictly look like the DNA center appliance configuration.  But  i don't see how or what the recommended topology is for the head end build with getting the VMWare host connected & initial network built for DNA center.

We are building this as green field and separate of or production network for proof of concept.  I would likely need to use one or both of the 9300's for the access layer.  I have some 3750X & 3850's i could use for cores. 

Any help is greatly appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution
7 Replies 7

Andersjul
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Based on experience with our lab kit, we created a topology with two access and two border switches. With two Catalyst 9300 I would consider using them as access switches and having Catalyst 3850 as core/border, each access switch connects to both border switches. Then you can choose to use a fusion router or firewall to connect out of your SDA fabric.

Your central components, DNA-C, ISE and WLC should be placed behind the fusion device, as this will emulate communication from datacenter (DNA-C, ISE, WLC) to the campus (Fabric devices, Cat9300, Cat9500, Cat3850).

CIsco SDA topo.png

First off you will have to configure the initial part of DNA-C with SSH and SNMP access information, IP subnets for fabric, management and so on. Then you add your seed device in the discovery process. This in our case the border switch - for this to work requires some manual configuration for SNMP and SSH access on the border switch for communication between the DNA-C/Border. When the border switch is added to the DNA-C you can start the discovery process where DNA-C should find all fabric devices in your lab. Hopefully ;)

Br

Anders

jedolphi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please speak to your SE or AM, they should be able find some resources to help you get the lab up and running. If you've not setup an SDA lab before then it's probably a good idea to get some guidance from the experts.

Best regards, Jerome

Any one has the SKU  for DNA Starter Kits??

Kit 1- Switching and wireless

Kit 2 - Switching

So, that I could order it through Cisco commerce.

Hi Faruqulislam
I too have the same doubt did you find any SKU for DNA Starter Kit? If yes please let me know.

SDA-W-LABKIT    DNA Center Appliance + ISE Virtual Appliance +2 x C9300 24-Port + 3yr C1 Advantage subscription

SDA-WW-LABKIT ---  DNA Center Appliance + ISE Virtual Appliance + WLC3504 Controller

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: