Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco DNA Center_Manage Smart Licence for 9300

mjarmoun
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I try to register DNA Advantage license for 9300 network device through the DNAC Server.

Why I tried to do it for the selected devices, I got a warning message : "Unable to initiate register license for selected device(s) as task is already in progress". I got this messages yesterday, and today it is same we have.

For information, registration is already working for others same devices model. 

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
### GATHER COMMANDS FROM THE SWITCH
#
sh ver | in Cisco IOS Software
sh ver | begin Technology Package
sh license summary
sh license status
sh license status | inc EDT|REG
sh run | inc name-server
sh run | inc source-interface
sh run | inc license
sh run | sec call-home

### CONFIGURE A CLI CAPTURE SCRIPT ON THE SWITCH
#
!
event manager applet CLI_COMMANDS-->
event cli pattern ".*" sync no skip no
action 1 syslog msg "$_cli_msg"
!

### TURN ON "TERM MON"
#
term len 0
term mon

### FROM THE CISCO DNA CENTER
#
* Perform an Inventory Resync of target network device
* Verify the license status after resync
* Try the Register task for the target network device again

Gather all of the display output and copy into a text file and attach here or
open a Cisco TAC Case so that Cisco DNA TAC engineer can assist you....

Hi,

We have applied what you suggested. Attached the result of command.

Sync is correct, and but we try to register Smart License through License, we got the same Warning message.

So, the Cisco DNA Center believes these two serial numbers are already Registered in the CSSM. But the swith says unregistered.

So this may have occurred for a variety of reasons. One of the reasons could be that these two devices (serial#s) were registered individually and then put into a stack.

It is hard to know without knowing the history of these devices. So my suggestion would be to try the following:

• Go to the CSSM and login with the same account used by the Cisco DNA Center.
  • Select the appropriate Smart Account & then Select the Virtual Account "Capgemini GroupIT"
  • Select the Product Instances for the two Serial#s of the inventory stacked switch and delete them from the CSSM.
  • Then go to the Tools * License Manager and click 'Refresh'
  • Once the Refresh is done, Select the Device again and Click 'Register'. Make sure you are on the switch and perform a "term mon" in order to capture the commands from the Cisco DNA Center. You can delete "CLI_COMMANDS" EEM script since you already have the "DNAC_PUSH_COMMANDS" script.

You should see 'license smart register idtoken' command push from the Cisco DNA Center and then the Network Device should Register directly to the CSSM.

and then something like...

%SMART_LIC-6-EXPORT_CONTROLLED: Usage of export controlled features is not allowed
%SMART_LIC-6-AGENT_REG_SUCCESS: Smart Agent for Licensing Registration successful. udi PID:C9200L-48T-4G,SN:ABC12345XYZ
%SMART_LIC-3-OUT_OF_COMPLIANCE: One or more entitlements are out of compliance
%SMART_LIC-5-END_POINT_RESET: End Point list reset
%SMART_LIC-6-AUTH_RENEW_SUCCESS: Authorization renewal successful. State=OOC for udi PID:C9200L-48T-4G,SN:ABC12345XYZ

Hi,

Thanks for this return but it is already done and the device doesn't exit.....as you can see in the capture.

[cid:image001.jpg@01D74558.4DE1A0F0]

Hi,

Thanks for your reply... I have already tried to do it earlier but the device didn't exist.