Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco DNA Center Switch Upgrade

9sobey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am very new to using DNA-C (v1.3.3.3 - only just upgraded) and wanted to get some advice on upgraing our switches. I have a couple of Questions I wondered if anyone could help with?

1. Can i complete an upgrade from Bundle Mode to Install Mode?

2. When selecting the golden image to upgarde too, will it upgrade the switch to install mode or bundle mode?

a. If bundle - how do i make it go to install?

3. As my devices are in install mode and the golden image can only ever be bundle mode then is there a way to show devices as on the correct IOS?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco DNA won't do a conversion for you, but will support switches running in either mode for day-N upgrades.  It will always keep the device in the same mode it was in previously.   You don't need to do anything differently when you tag your Golden Image for Bundle vs Install.

For PnP (day-0) upgrades, only Install mode is supported, which is ok, because that's how new devices are shipped.

If you would like to see an automated conversion feature, please use the "Make a Wish" feature from your Cisco DNA appliance.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco DNA won't do a conversion for you, but will support switches running in either mode for day-N upgrades.  It will always keep the device in the same mode it was in previously.   You don't need to do anything differently when you tag your Golden Image for Bundle vs Install.

For PnP (day-0) upgrades, only Install mode is supported, which is ok, because that's how new devices are shipped.

If you would like to see an automated conversion feature, please use the "Make a Wish" feature from your Cisco DNA appliance.

Thanks for replying!

That all makes sense - i actually performed an upgrade on a switch stack (in install mode) and router earlier today, both were successful and as you say the switch stack stayed in install mode.

I'll make sure i add the make a wish as conversion would be a great addition.

Regards

Hi, what to expect from upcoming updates? Thanks smile3.png

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: