Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco DNA LAN Automation

Hello 

I have two cat9300 switches which are going to be two border nodes in my SDA how I can implement the Lan automation with the redundancy of the links to the access swicthes

Best Regards

1 Reply 1

willwetherman
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

LAN automation will automate the configuration of any redundant Layer 3 links that are connected between the fabric edge nodes (or intermediate nodes if you are deploying a 3-tier network) and any redundant fabric border nodes.

Edit:

The important step is to ensure that the nodes that you want to automate are connected to the primary and peer seed.

Based on your requirement, you will need to enable LAN automation as follows:

Under DNA Center -> Provision -> Devices -> Actions -> Provision -> LAN Automation

1. Set the Primary site and Primary Device to Fabric Border 1 and the Peer Site and Peer Device to Fabric Border 2.
  2. Select the port(s) on the Primary Device (Fabric Border 1) that connects to the fabric edge nodes to be discovered (note that you do not select anything for the Peer device/Fabric Border 2)
  3. Set the Discovered Device Site, IP Pool, IS-IS domain password as required

When LAN automation runs, DNA Center will enable a VLAN1 IP address and corresponding PNP DHCP scope on fabric border 1 only to discover, upgrade and add any fabric edges to the inventory that are connected to the ports configured under step 2. It will also configure a loopback0 IP address on fabric borders 1 and 2 and IS-IS (if not already present). The primary seed/fabric border 1 will allocate a temporary IP address from the PNP DHCP scope to any discovered fabric edge nodes and then a loopback0 IP address. An IS-IS adjacency is then established between fabric border 1 and the discovered edge nodes over the temporary VLAN1 IP connection.

Once LAN automation status shows “Completed”, and the discovered fabric edge nodes have been added to the inventory (using the allocated loopback 0 IP address), you then stop LAN automation. However before doing so, you need to ensure that the fabric edge nodes are connected to both fabric border 1 and fabric border 2 as LAN automation uses this information (gathered from CDP) to complete the process and configure the discovered links as L3. To do this check the DNAC Topology page and make sure that all links are displayed as expected. If they are not, check the connections and then resync the fabric borders until they are displayed. When LAN automation stops, the temporary VLAN1/DHCP scope is removed from fabric border 1 and the discovered links between the fabric edges and fabric border 1 and 2 are converted to L3.

Please see below deployment guide for full details of the process including a complete list of design considerations, prerequisites and common troubleshooting steps 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/cloud-systems-management/dna-center/215336-lan-automation-step-by-step-deployment.html

I hope that this helps