cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deleting credentials in DNA-C v 1.2.10

Tim_J_RC
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to remove certain unused credentials within the global site in DNA Center.   I have nothing attached to them, but I am receiving an error " Credential is associated with Network Settings for site -Global.  You must either associate a different credential or create a new credential of the same type and associate it with the site, prior to deletion"    The problem is in one of the cases, i don't ever intend on using the credential type so I want to clean them up.    Any thoughts on how I can remove these?

4 Replies 4

Farhan Mohamed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First of all, Device credentials are needed for devices to be discovered in DNAC, Without adding these credentials or based on these parameters, the Devices cannot be discovered, If you are talking about snmp, snmpv3 all these credentials, You can skip it and see if devices do get discovered or not.

I understand that creds are needed for DNA Center to communicate with the devices I managed.   However, I want to delete them and start over with a near clean DNA Center.   I have been having many issues with DNA Center, and I wanted to try and baseline it again.    Not being able to delete the credentials prevents me from doing this.   

Hi

"start over with a near clean DNA Center"

Not ideal but .. you may have to re-build it for a clean DNA Center. 

Hi

device credentials is one thing but if you want to re-do it then please let me know in what stage you are currently and we can provide some details. On other hand, could you please share the problems you have observed or why do you need to remove-do?

thanks