Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DN2-HW-APL DNAC Appliance Licensing

Hi Team,

I have DN2-HW-APL DNAC 2nd generation physical hardware, al few devices which are DNA ready and capable of supporting DNAC. Do i need to install any additional License on the DN2-HW-APL hardware (Wireless Subscription/Switching Subscription)?

After installing the physical device DN2-HW-APL? what is the process for licensing registration.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

No you don't need any term license for your DNA-C appliance.

So the steps you need to do before you can use DNA-C assurance or automation:

1. Physical installation DNA-C

2. Perform the first time wizard on the Console.

3. After the first time wizard you will be able to connect to the DNA-C there you need to configure some basic things like:

* Smart account + Virtual account

* Infoblox integration

* ISE integration

* Backup + perform a first time backup

4. The best practice is to upgrade to the latest recommended version of DNA-C

5. Perform a new backup if you did an upgrade

6. Configure your site hierarchy, network settings if required, telemetry settings, .....

7. Discover your devices that you want to add into the DNA-C

8. See that the telemetry settings are applied to your devices, if you want application visibility/experience enable application telemetry

9. Provision the device is required.

What do you mean with devices that are not DNA ready?

Do you mean older types of devices or devices without DNA licenses?

Kind regards,

Kristoff

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

kristoff1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You don't need licenses on the DNA-C it self.

Your licenses are included in the DNA licenses of your devices.

To have the full functionality of DNA-C you need the advantage license on your AP's, switches.

What you need to do on DNA-C is, you need to connect your DNA-C to your Smart account where the DNA licenses are residing.

Kind regards,

Kristoff

Thanks Kristoff1,

So if i have DNA licensed devices than they will automatically connect to the Physical Hardware DN2-HW-APL ? correct?

I don't have to install any term licenses on the DN2-HW-APL hardware.

it's just once the DN2-HW-APL is installed i need to connect DN2-HW-APL to my smart account via cisco.com ?

what if i have few devices which are not DNA ready? can i register them to DN2-HW-APL hardware? what is the solution in this situation?

Hi,

No you don't need any term license for your DNA-C appliance.

So the steps you need to do before you can use DNA-C assurance or automation:

1. Physical installation DNA-C

2. Perform the first time wizard on the Console.

3. After the first time wizard you will be able to connect to the DNA-C there you need to configure some basic things like:

* Smart account + Virtual account

* Infoblox integration

* ISE integration

* Backup + perform a first time backup

4. The best practice is to upgrade to the latest recommended version of DNA-C

5. Perform a new backup if you did an upgrade

6. Configure your site hierarchy, network settings if required, telemetry settings, .....

7. Discover your devices that you want to add into the DNA-C

8. See that the telemetry settings are applied to your devices, if you want application visibility/experience enable application telemetry

9. Provision the device is required.

Do you mean older types of devices or devices without DNA licenses?

Kind regards,

Kristoff

Do you mean older types of devices or devices without DNA licenses? -- yes the devices without DNA licenses? can we register them to DNAC by any means? by changing the license type or other way?

Also if i have my Wireless devices has Network Advantage license and Switch devices has Network essential licenses then they'll register to DNAC and it'll work correct? it's just the features for those devices will be as per subscription.

Hi Kristof,

I have prepared workflow diagram from Quote to operations for cisco DNA licensing. can please check

Drawing1.jpg

Hi,

The steps are correct but the order of the steps is not always correct.

DNA-C will ask for your Smart-Account the first time you sign in into the GUI. So the connection between the DNA-C and the Smart Account is started or create from the DNA-C and not from the smart account itself.

To perform an upgrade you will also need a CCO-account.

Kind regards,

kristoff

Assuming you have got shutdown the L3 interfaces at the FWSM because you have got moved them to FTD, you ought to nevertheless cast off the VLAN associations inside the IOS configuration.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: