Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA-C installation options other than standalone appliance

Nadav
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I'm interested in whether DNA-C can (or is planned to) be installed in one of the following options:

1) Co-located on an existing ACI server

2) As a virtual server on an ESXi hypervisor

Thanks for your input!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
As far as I know for now your only option that will be supported by Cisco TAC/BU is to run the physical appliances. However, per Cisco, I know that there is an ova for DNAC that some use in practice labs. The ova is not lightweight and I believe you can only obtain it from Cisco employees. I believe the required specs are 128g ram, 48 cpus, 500 gb drive, and the download is rather large at 72gb. Also, if you want to run the ova on esxi you will need 6, 6.5, or 6.7. HTH!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

zjahangi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

DNA-C comes with the appliance only, I mean you have to get the dedicated appliance for DNA.

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
As far as I know for now your only option that will be supported by Cisco TAC/BU is to run the physical appliances. However, per Cisco, I know that there is an ova for DNAC that some use in practice labs. The ova is not lightweight and I believe you can only obtain it from Cisco employees. I believe the required specs are 128g ram, 48 cpus, 500 gb drive, and the download is rather large at 72gb. Also, if you want to run the ova on esxi you will need 6, 6.5, or 6.7. HTH!

Thanks for the info :)

But this isn't a supported solution for production environments, right?

No problem. Yes you are correct, it is not supported in production environments as far as I know.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco