Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA Center 2.1.2.5 Assurance Application Experience

mkoschay123
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

does somebody know what's missing after Telemetry activation to see the Appliaction metrics. eg. RTP ?

I just see the bandwidth consumed for RTP but no metrics e.g. DSCP values were processed from Netfow data.

Best regrads,

Michael

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Cuthbert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Out of curiosity, is Application Experience deployed on router, switches, or both in your deployment?

willwetherman
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @mkoschay123 

What devices have you enabled for Telemetry? For info, the Cisco Catalyst 9000 switches support Application Visibility (collection of application name and usage metrics - referred to as Quantitative metrics) and Cisco IOS-XE based Integrated Services Routers support Application Experience (collection of application name, usage, packet loss, latency and  jitter metrics - referred to as Qualitative metrics). 

Based on your screenshot, I'm assuming that you have enabled Telemetry/Netflow on Catalyst 9k switches only? If so, DNAC will only collect Quantitative metrics and report application name and usage only. If you need Application Experience/Qualitative metrics, then you will either need to enable telemetry on a router (if one exists in your deployment, and if the RTP traffic actually transits this router) or deploy a Cisco DNA Traffic Telemetry Appliance. 

See the following for further details

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center-assurance/2-1-2/b_cisco_dna_assurance_2_1_2_ug/b_cisco_dna_assurance_2_1_1_ug_chapter_01000.html#Cisco_Concept.dita_e86e9d7f-7e7b-4db4-83c8-58... 

Hope that this helps

Will

Thanks Will,

indeed this ia a C9300L. I was assuming that DNA-C makes no difference, as the netflow data contains the IP dscp values.

That points to the question, is a C9500-48Y4C acting as border device a qualified router or still just a switch.

Thanks,

Michael 

rasmus.elmholt
Level 7
Level 7

Make sure performance monitor is activated on the network devices.

Network monitor, is the service giving you the session information about packet loss and delays.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/avc/configuration/15-mt/avc-15-mt-book/avc-ezpm.html

Hey Rasmus,

I will try that. But I really thought that DANC would be activating anything needed to gather all AppExp metrics.

Thanks,

Michael