Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA Center Appliance Odd Network Issue?

Tomkbui30
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am currently playing with a first generation DNA appliance running version 1.5.279. I have some switches failed the File Transfer Check before the upgrade due to the DNA appliance is using GUI management IP as the source IP (10.x.x.x) to initiate the file transfer rather than using the Enterprise network (172.x.x.x) that configured with static route to the internal lab network. Since the lab network does not have route to the GUI management network that resulted in the failure.

Switches will pass the File Transfer when the DNA appliance decides to use the Enterprise network to initiate the file transfer.

I'm not sure why DNA appliance uses the GUI management IP for some switches and Enterprise network for other switches to initiate the file transfer, and how do you even change this process?

Thank you.

1 Reply 1

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is only one routing table, so the decision gets made based on the route lookup.  It's very likely that for some switches, traffic is following the default route out of the management interface because some static routes are missing on the Enterprise.  You can examine and reconfigre these static routes using the "sudo maglev-config update" command from the maglev shell as instructed here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/2-1-2/install_guide/2ndGen/b_cisco_dna_center_install_guide_2_1_2_2ndGen/m_troubleshoot_deployment_2_1_2_2ndgen.html#task_c3x_ycw_sfb