Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA Center backup configurations from network devices

Hello,

I'm looking for information about the procedure to backup configurations of network devices added to DNAC. I'm looking for features that have Cisco Prime infrastructure, backups configurations, see old configurations files, compare, etc. Is possible do this with DNAC?

7 Replies 7

gayviswa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Configuration archive and compare are not currently supported in DNA Center. 

Could you please evaluate what / what files exactly is/are contained in the "Automation" Backup?

I checked the Admin Guide but there is not clearly stated what the Backup contains and what is restored in case of a disaster recovery...can you please explain?

Thanks! 

One one you are talking about is DNAC automation backup, as if now it does not do assurance backup, you can restore it to a cold-standby DNAC with assurance data lost.

-hope this helps-

Automation data consists of Cisco DNA Center databases, credentials, file systems, and files. DNA Center restores the database and files, however, does not restore your network state and any changes made since the last backup, including any new or updated network policies, passwords, certificates, or trustpool bundles.

anantsiv
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David

DNA Center can restore the database and files, however, you cannot restore your network state and any changes made since the last backup, including any new or updated network policies, passwords, certificates, or trustpool bundles.

You can also refer the link document which can help you out

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/1-0-x/b_dnac_ug_1_0/b_dnac_ug_1_0_chapter_010000.pdf

Regards

Ananth

Hello All, 

I have a question regarding backing up from the network devices that we already have in our Inventory. I'm new to DNAC if you can provide me steps that would be great. thanks!

Regards, 

Ray

arane0001
Level 1
Level 1

this is stupidity...we own Cisco Prime and Cisco DNA in our infrastructure.....both these applications don't backup config for C9500 ....please explain to me how am I suppose to backup the config of our core switches, I ain't doing manual backups....We have invested in ton of money buying Cisco products...Prime says unsupported device , there is another case which has been opened for this which says buy Cisco DNA ....please tell me you guys "have a plan"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco