cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Choose one of the topics below for Cisco DNA Center Resources to help you on your journey with Cisco DNA Center

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC!
We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted

DNA Center Backup Serve Capacity Requirements

Hi all,

I am doing a DNA C Deployment and I have to spin up a backup server. Can anyone tell me what's the average size of a back up, as well as best practices with regards to frequency?

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: DNA Center Backup Serve Capacity Requirements

The size of the backup varies greatly depending on the scale of deployment. I have seen recommendations for 1TB of storage, but I don't think it is documented anywhere. I think the recommended frequency depends on how often there are changes to the network. If you are backing up assurance data, then I think, personally, I would start by backing up every 2-4 days and see if that met my needs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Cisco Employee

The size of the backup varies greatly depending on the scale of deployment. I have seen recommendations for 1TB of storage, but I don't think it is documented anywhere. I think the recommended frequency depends on how often there are changes to the network. If you are backing up assurance data, then I think, personally, I would start by backing up every 2-4 days and see if that met my needs.

View solution in original post

Hi @Preston Chilcote 

Thanks for the info, ill use your recommendations with regards to frequency and speck storage accordingly.

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
July's Community Spotlight Awards