Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA Center Backup Serve Capacity Requirements

ShaquilleDaniel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am doing a DNA C Deployment and I have to spin up a backup server. Can anyone tell me what's the average size of a back up, as well as best practices with regards to frequency?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
The size of the backup varies greatly depending on the scale of deployment. I have seen recommendations for 1TB of storage, but I don't think it is documented anywhere. I think the recommended frequency depends on how often there are changes to the network. If you are backing up assurance data, then I think, personally, I would start by backing up every 2-4 days and see if that met my needs.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
The size of the backup varies greatly depending on the scale of deployment. I have seen recommendations for 1TB of storage, but I don't think it is documented anywhere. I think the recommended frequency depends on how often there are changes to the network. If you are backing up assurance data, then I think, personally, I would start by backing up every 2-4 days and see if that met my needs.

Hi @Preston Chilcote 

Thanks for the info, ill use your recommendations with regards to frequency and speck storage accordingly.