Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA Center Multi Site Redunancy

chris_funa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all, 

Looking through the Admin and Install guides for DNAC, I see that HA clustering is available, but only if the 3 nodes are in the same subnets and are in the same data center. 

How does on achieve multi site redundancy for DNAC? Is it just not that big of a deal if the HQ site goes down and DNAC is unavailable? Would we set up multiple clusters or perhaps multiple standalone servers?

These are just questions as we don't have DNAC implemented. I'm just curious. 

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Chris,

If DNA Centre is down then the SD-Access networks continue to forward packets as normal. DNA Centre is not involved in any routing / switching decisions.

Yes, you are correct, you could restore from backup to another DNA Centre if required. If you speak with your account team (Cisco AM or SE) then there is some manual backup/restore strategies they can share with you that will serve as a stopgap until automatic inter-DC DNA Centre high availability exists.

Regards, Jerome

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Farhan Mohamed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Multisite redundancy is not supported as of now with DNAC, only 3 node cluster is supported as of now. Multi-host cluster with even 5 and 7 nodes are also not supported as of now. If this does get supported i will update you.

Farhan, 

Thank you for your input.

So I assume it wouldn't be too big of an issue if we had a site outage for a while?

I guess the DR plan would be to restore the devices and configs from backups if the data center became destroyed somehow? 

Hello Chris,

If DNA Centre is down then the SD-Access networks continue to forward packets as normal. DNA Centre is not involved in any routing / switching decisions.

Yes, you are correct, you could restore from backup to another DNA Centre if required. If you speak with your account team (Cisco AM or SE) then there is some manual backup/restore strategies they can share with you that will serve as a stopgap until automatic inter-DC DNA Centre high availability exists.

Regards, Jerome

Thank you! This was exactly the info I needed!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: