Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA Center Networking

dm2020
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am just building up a DNAC cluster with the dedicated GUI port and Enterprise port. Is there a best practise of which interface should be used to reach ISE? I have reviewed the documentation and this isn't clearly stated anywhere.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I think they have the flexibility to access through either management or enterprise network.  DNAC listens to HTTPS port on both interfaces.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I suggest the enterprise port. It's 10gbps vs 1gbps for management port.

Hi Preston,

Thanks for the response. In our network we only have 1Gbps bandwidth into our VMware environment so does this make a difference of which DNAC port we should use? Is there also a preference of which port, either management or enterprise, that should be used as the default gateway for DNAC?

Think of the management port as designed just for out of band web access to the appliance.  If you're not using the cloud link, then all other network traffic should use the enterprise link, so it should be the default gateway.

Right understood.

So do customer use both the management and enterprise ports for accessing the DNAC GUI (with access to the management port only from a specific management network?)

I think they have the flexibility to access through either management or enterprise network.  DNAC listens to HTTPS port on both interfaces.