cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA-Center reinstall from scratch (.iso image)

Thomas Roeckel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello together,

i have to reinstall the DNA-Center from scratch and therefore i need the bootimage. According to the Cisco installation guide you should:

Download the Cisco DNA Center ISO Image

You can download the latest Cisco DNA Center ISO image from Cisco.com

Step 1   Go to the following URL address:

https:/​/​www.cisco.com/​c/​en/​us/​support/​cloud-systems-management/​dna-center/​tsd-products-support-series-home.html

But i can't find the image anywhere. Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please open a Cisco TAC Case and the DNAC CSE will provide you with a link to download the ISO and provided instructions for building the USB and preparing your DNAC for re-imaging.

Regards

T.

View solution in original post

23 Replies 23

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please open a Cisco TAC Case and the DNAC CSE will provide you with a link to download the ISO and provided instructions for building the USB and preparing your DNAC for re-imaging.

Regards

T.

Thank you for your solution - but that searching, reading and ending in a catch22 is a bloody time consumption. I searched for kind of "Download Cisco DNA Center ISO Image". Think Cisco should work on this - a lot of customers will have to set up their DNA-C from scratch again and again.

AndiBuchmann157
Level 1
Level 1
I did like 5 reinstallations in our Lab this week. TAC Engineers can provide you the link for downloading the iso file.

There is a lot of work do to..you will start of spending like 10 hours downloading the iso file. Afterwards you have to create a bootable usb device with the iso file on it.

!!! Use ETCHER to create the bootable device !!!

Next step is deleting, recreating and reinitialzing the virtual drives of your HW Appliance and then finally you get to install the new appliance! I also did a "reboot" after the initilization of the drives were done - worked wonders ;)

Is there a link to a page that describes the whole process?

Please use below link : 

DNAC Install

@Gaur Samal box link no longer works.  Is there a new link?

The documentation is all online now.  You will simply need to open a TAC Case to get the desired .ISO file posted for you.

Cisco Digital Network Architecture Center Appliance Installation Guide, Release 1.2.10 (M4 Chassis)
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/1-2-10/install/b_dnac_install_1210_M4.html

Cisco Digital Network Architecture Center Appliance Installation Guide, Release 1.2.10 (M5 Chassis)
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/1-2-10/install/b_dnac_install_1210_M5.html

a lot of customers will have to set up their DNA-C from scratch again and again.

Is there different .iso for the M4 and the M5 chassies?

No, its the same .iso image for both the M4 (First Generation) and M5 (Second Generation) appliances. 

I'd like to reimage the DNA Center I have in the lab.  Everything is remote, I have access to a Windows VM that's on the same network as the DNA-C and from here access to the CIMC.

The reimage guide says to create a bootable USB stick and reimage from this.  Can I reimage it via the CIMC and a virtual .ISO from the KVM session?

The Documentation is correct and you are supposed to use a USB drive for "Supported Installs". If you install using anything other then the USB drive is "officially" not supported. That Said, CIMC installs will work when mounted from the same IP subnet and NFS will work for most situations.

Are your sure  the documentation is correct ? I dont think

Cisco DNA Center Second-Generation Appliance Installation Guide, Release 1.3 - Prepare the Appliance for Configuration [Cisco DNA Center] - Cisco

It doesn't mention anywhere about doing this via virtual media - it just says bootable USB.

It does work however as I'm doing it now.  Its taken about 3-hours 40-minutes so far and its just rebooted.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: