cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA-Center reinstall from scratch (.iso image)

Thomas Roeckel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello together,

i have to reinstall the DNA-Center from scratch and therefore i need the bootimage. According to the Cisco installation guide you should:

Download the Cisco DNA Center ISO Image

You can download the latest Cisco DNA Center ISO image from Cisco.com

Step 1   Go to the following URL address:

https:/​/​www.cisco.com/​c/​en/​us/​support/​cloud-systems-management/​dna-center/​tsd-products-support-series-home.html

But i can't find the image anywhere. Any ideas?

23 Replies 23

"It doesn't mention anywhere about doing this via virtual media - it just says bootable USB."

That is correct. as I mentioned above, USB Bootable is the only "supported" method.  "Supported" means that we have tested and verified this method and the Cisco TAC will support install failures using this method.

If you use another method, (although it will technically work in most cases), this is not officially supported so if it fails... this is not supported as an official process.

I've had reinstalls from the ISOs take upwards of 20 hours through the CIMC HTLM5 KVM. To be fair though, this was over a WAN link, so the bandwidth and latency were the killer. Key being it worked fine but just had to wait. 

This is a lab.  There is no real traffic so it worked perfectly over the KVM link and the client and server were on a different VLAN (Layer-3 adjacent).  Took just less than 4-hours to be back where It needed to be.

Andy

Less than 4 hours all service download and up and running is a good specification of your compute and good link speed towards cisco download.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Lol.  4-hours?  An acceptable amount of downtime? I think not....

Single box it is just an orchestration tool should be ok I guess - that is only first-time installation.

Cisco suggests 3 node deployment - for real production.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

hbernal01
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently trying to do a re-image with all the steps provided by the Cisco guide but after an hour of installation I get the following error

error.png

Any idea why it is generating and how to fix it?

PabMar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

It may take you a while to do, but try the following:

1. Perform 2x Fast Init on all 3 virtual drives using the CIMC GUI.
2. Reboot the appliance, do Ctrl+R on the RAID tool, perform Fast Init on all 3 virtual drives.
3. Download a new ISO to make sure it's not corrupted and burn it to the USB.
4. Run the fresh install again.

Hope that gets you through.

Regards.

i created baleno ethcher to create usb drive using windows 10. but after successful creation when i plugged to laptop it tells to format it again. it only shows its connected nothing else. so what format the usb created. can anybody tells about it? how can i verify from windows ? is this really created?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: