Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA Center - Remove extended switch port-channel from Edge Switches

lazarmihail
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone, 

Trying to remove a port channel that is not keeping anymore an extended switch and I want to make it an access port but since DNA Center created a port-channel for that extended switch when I try to remove it it returns following error 

dna center port-channel.png

Anyone can help me with the steps to make it back as an access port? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Lazar. Generally, best not to remove things manually that DNAC automation has pushed. In my 1.3.1 SDA network this procedure worked fine:
1-In SDA fabric site, click the extended node, remove from fabric (Provision > Fabric > Fabric site > Extended node)
2-Delete extended node from inventory (Provision menu)
3-Delete port-channel from fabric edge switch (Provision > Fabric > Fabric site > FE switch with port-channel you want to delete)

Best regards, Jerome

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lazarmihail
Level 1
Level 1
I tried the following:
- removing the port-channel using CLI and resync the Edge switch ( The port-channel comes up as unavailable and still not being to delete it)
- taking out the interface from the port-channel ( denied by DNAC)
- resync the edge switch and reprovision ( no changes )

Hello Lazar. Generally, best not to remove things manually that DNAC automation has pushed. In my 1.3.1 SDA network this procedure worked fine:
1-In SDA fabric site, click the extended node, remove from fabric (Provision > Fabric > Fabric site > Extended node)
2-Delete extended node from inventory (Provision menu)
3-Delete port-channel from fabric edge switch (Provision > Fabric > Fabric site > FE switch with port-channel you want to delete)

Best regards, Jerome