Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA Center - Remove extended switch port-channel from Edge Switches

lazarmihail
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone, 

Trying to remove a port channel that is not keeping anymore an extended switch and I want to make it an access port but since DNA Center created a port-channel for that extended switch when I try to remove it it returns following error 

dna center port-channel.png

Anyone can help me with the steps to make it back as an access port? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Lazar. Generally, best not to remove things manually that DNAC automation has pushed. In my 1.3.1 SDA network this procedure worked fine:
1-In SDA fabric site, click the extended node, remove from fabric (Provision > Fabric > Fabric site > Extended node)
2-Delete extended node from inventory (Provision menu)
3-Delete port-channel from fabric edge switch (Provision > Fabric > Fabric site > FE switch with port-channel you want to delete)

Best regards, Jerome

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lazarmihail
Level 1
Level 1
I tried the following:
- removing the port-channel using CLI and resync the Edge switch ( The port-channel comes up as unavailable and still not being to delete it)
- taking out the interface from the port-channel ( denied by DNAC)
- resync the edge switch and reprovision ( no changes )

Hello Lazar. Generally, best not to remove things manually that DNAC automation has pushed. In my 1.3.1 SDA network this procedure worked fine:
1-In SDA fabric site, click the extended node, remove from fabric (Provision > Fabric > Fabric site > Extended node)
2-Delete extended node from inventory (Provision menu)
3-Delete port-channel from fabric edge switch (Provision > Fabric > Fabric site > FE switch with port-channel you want to delete)

Best regards, Jerome

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: