Helpful
Replies

DNA Center Reporting

mrsraju01
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

Hope someone can help with below!!

1. Is there a way to pull device availability report showcasing the managed device uptime and downtime during the monitored interval?

2. Can we create custom reports?

3. Is there a way i can set a managed device into unmanaged state during the change window?

@saxenanitesh8522 

Thank you,

Raju

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can be done using assurance i guess here :  for 1 and 2

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center-assurance/2-1-2/b_cisco_dna_assurance_2_1_2_ug/b_cisco_dna_assurance_2_1_1_ug_chapter_0110.html#concept_ony_nbs_vbb

if you looking like solarwinds manage device and unmange device, not sure that feature available here i guess.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

On top of what @balaji.bandi said.  Info for question 3:

3. Is there a way i can set a managed device into unmanaged state during the change window?

-No there is no way to move a device from managed to unmanged state via click of button.  Not 100% tracking what you mean during change window and not sure what benefits you would gain via moving a device from managed to unmanaged state.  Here is a breakdown of DNAC inventory manageability:

Managed = Cisco DNA Center is able to collect basic details about the device like device type and family.
Managed (With Errors) = Cisco DNA Center is unable to collect the complete device details required by its applications.
Unmanaged = Cisco DNA Center is unable to collect any details about the device.
I suppose if you really wish to move a device to unmanaged you could modify the credentials used either by DNAC to manage the device or locally via the NAD.  HTH!

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Regarding #3, I have seen others ask about some sort of "maintenance mode".  I recommend anyone interested in this feature use the "Make a Wish" feature in the Cisco DNA help menu to let the PMs know directly.  The more requests they see, the faster it gets on the roadmap (if it's not already).  This is a good practice for ANY feature you'd like to see from Cisco DNA.  

Agreed Preston. The thousand email alerts I get from aps during upgrades is annoying. Only way to shut it off is to delete the rule and then rebuild it.