cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA Center: Scheduled Discoveries

Josh Morris
Level 3
Level 3

I have a set of successful discoveries in DNAC. I know that the devices discovered initially will continue to be updated every 25 minutes. What I'd like though, is to have DNAC regularly run the discoveries. I set up my discovery scopes to scan subnets where my campus switches live. This seems like the best method for me to make sure inventory stays up to date. 

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure if your inventory adding dynamically and if you are allocating the Management Interface for the device, scanning the Management network is good enough rather scanning /8 or /16 range, take a long time. some times some devices don't like scanning.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks, but how do I get DNAC to run the discovery regularly so it picks up new devices added to the range without me having to manually kick-off a new discovery?

Hi Josh,

Did you ever figure this out? I am in exactly the same scenario where we would like the discoveries to run once every day so any new devices are discovered.

Thanks,
Cam

as per my understanding, the discovery idea pickuped from Cisco smart collector. - where you can schedule weekly basis to discover and add to inventory new devices.

Same theory apply here - not tested my self on DNAC

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en_us/training-events/product-training/dnac-13/DNAC13_AddingDevicesByUsingDiscovery.pdf

BB

Hi - no, we haven't been able to get Cisco DNAC to schedule discoveries on a regular basis. It is really frustrating as we don't want to have continue performing manual discoveries all the time.

Most of the environment devices on board with DNAC PnP, so they automatically add to DNAC.

I am interested to know what device you like to add Manually here? - so the best suggestion or direction can be provided.

BB

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

There are a number of reasons we would need to re-discover devices on a network as not all devices can be added via PnP and we are still working our way around the Cisco DNAC. We also work with other teams that have the need for switches and other devices to be added that we can only discover manually.

All we want to do is to schedule the running of our discoveries to run once per day, it shouldn't be this hard.

Thanks,
Cam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: