Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA center setup and wireless heatmaps

eagles-nest
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a customer who has bought DNA center as a trial for a future new network deployment at a large site  They initially want to set it up and see what they can do with it for their wireless network then move on to other functionality for their LAN devices. 

It will be a standalone server from the start with the likelihood that they will deploy further servers in the future. Reading some docs on the initial setup it has the following "required" addresses.

GUI port

CIMC port - Self explanatory

Enterprise port

Cluster port.

Why do I need an enterprise port and a GUI port IP address?  Can't I browse to the appliance via the address I assign to the enterprise port?  When I apply the GUI port and Enterprise port addresses can they be on the same subnet or do they need to be on different subnets?

Since they are only deploying a single appliance at the moment I realize it makes sense to assign a Cluster port address/subnet large enough for future appliances.  However, do I need to patch the cluster port into my network at this test stage?  I'm sure I read somewhere that the cluster port needed to be up during setup.  It's a 10G port and we are low on 10G ports where the appliance is intended to go at the moment. 

When the appliance is installed the first thing the customer wants to do is to monitor their wireless network.  How does this compare with Prime?  Is it easy to import floor plans and add AP's to get a heatmap of the site?

DNA center is new to me and the customer so please excuse the questions if they seem simplistic.

Appreciate any input as usual, Stuart.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
4 Replies 4

ammahend
VIP
VIP

hope this helps.

https://curiouswaves.blog/2018/08/22/dnac-physical-setup-and-key-notes/

you only need CIMC, Enterprise -  for DNAC appliance to communicate with your network, Cluster -  usually DNAC is deployed in set of 3 for redundancy so this port is used for inter-cluster communication, optionally you can set up OOB port (out of band) for accessing DNAC when your network (enterprise link) is down.

-hope this helps-

Thank you for your reply.

Do you know if the enterprise and OOB port can be on the same subnet?

Regards, Stuart.

NO They can not be, if you set that way DNAC will give an error during Maglev setup.

-hope this helps-

nitekum5
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please refer below links for more information.

End user guide

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/cloud-systems-management/dna-center/products-user-guide-list.html

Administrator Guide

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/1-2-5/admin/b_dnac_admin_guide_1_2_5.html

You can export sites and wireless maps, and then import them into DNA Center. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: